Dentist Stress Reduction Series Part II
I was a guest on the the Relentless Dentist podcast where we discussed the very real and emergent topic of stress in dentistry.
In Episode 2 of this three-part series on Dental Stress Reduction, we discuss the facts about about What is Stressing Dentists.
Listen to Episode 2: What is Stressing Dentists?
[audio-clammr mp3="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/podcastmp3/Episode_Jennifer_Butler_2.mp3"]Be sure to subscribe to the Relentless Dentist Show with Drs. David & Karah Maloley
Inspiring Dentistry! Interviews with today’s top dentists & tips from world-class dental experts.
Quotes & Notes:
- Time Pressures is number one. Time pressures can be ranging from too much time to not enough time.
- Patient Demands, meaning patients that demand your time, demand a discount, demand your personal cell phone number, demand you open on Saturdays.
- Uncooperative Patients
- High level of concentration and focus that dentistry requires (as identified by studies)
- Team Issues. When you have any more than two people working together you are going to have an issue. Issues are normal in a relationship.
- When someone assesses their stress and knows their stress response, they can then look out for their own stress triggers.
- That stress threshold is very unique to each individual.
- You can’t be proactive if you are in the crud of things.
- Stress is a biological reaction that we have implemented over and over.
- The most documented, the most researched, the most effective coping method to do for us, is breathing.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Interested in keeping your stress at bay?
Note: If you have thoughts of hurting yourself and/or others, please call the national suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255 immediately.
Rest from Stress, powered by JB Partners, is committed to teaching Stress Management and Resilience Training through the immersive Rest Membership, interactive workshops, invigorating speaking engagements, and personal business coaching. Our passion is to teach others how to lead a life with less stress and more fulfillment.
© Copywrite 2022, Rest from Stress. All Rights Reserved.