The New Three R’s: Relax, Revive, Renew
The Three R’s
The three R’s: Relax, Revive, and Renew is not only a way of thinking, but there is also some actual science about the importance of taking breaks throughout the day. Progressive Muscle Relaxation is the most supported method that has biological, physiological, and mental benefits.
Tips for Business Pros:
– The office chair is the perfect chair to practice progressive relaxation. Get to the office 15 minutes early, take out segments of your lunch hour, and stay late to make use of an empty op.
– During a jammed packed day, take an extra minute or two in the bathroom for a shortened version of progressive relaxation.
– Staying calm and mentally strong helps you navigate through a long day of patients.
– Share with the team what you are doing and why. Letting them know you are actively addressing your stress gives them an opportunity to support you and maybe even join in.
– Be sure to feel safe and in a place where you can let your mind release and not constantly listen to all the little sounds around you.
– Create a poster of Jen Butler Coaching Progressive Muscle Relaxation Steps and hang it in each operatory. Encourage your anxious patients to follow the steps while they relax prior to seeing you.
For the most effective use of Progressive Relaxation follow these simple guidelines:
– Give yourself 5-10 minutes.
– Close your eyes and block out all distractions.
– Remove your socks and shoes. Your bare feet feeling the ground often helps with balance and provides a place of comfort when your eyes are shut.
– Listen to relaxing music (classical or meditative). You can store several choices on your phone for easy access.
– For the first two weeks, practice these steps twice a day. Eventually, as your body learns how to relax, it will find it easier as you go along.
– BE PROACTIVE instead of waiting until you are anxious or stressed to perform progressive relaxation. When you complete it when you are calm, the easier it is to complete when you are stressed.
If you can’t incorporate all of the steps, don’t worry. Your body will take what it can get.
Access JBI Progressive Muscle Relaxation Steps now and starts using them today.
Tell me how you are going to use this information by leaving a comment below.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Interested in keeping your stress at bay?
Note: If you have thoughts of hurting yourself and/or others, please call the national suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255 immediately.
Rest from Stress, powered by JB Partners, is committed to teaching Stress Management and Resilience Training through the immersive Rest Membership, interactive workshops, invigorating speaking engagements, and personal business coaching. Our passion is to teach others how to lead a life with less stress and more fulfillment.
© Copywrite 2022, Rest from Stress. All Rights Reserved.