Read Time: 2 minutes, 20 seconds
Now that you have your completed road map you know where you’re going.
To ensure your mission, vision, and mantra are deeply embedded into all areas of your life, complete the tasks on the following checklist in the next few weeks. We’ve listed random ideas to get you thinking about how to make your mission, vision, and mantra statements more a part of your living culture. Apply what works for you.
The next section of your leadership development is to know How You Will Get There on your journey. Make sure to complete all activities within this first module before moving on.
- Update your office policy manual.
- Update the employee handbook.
- Update all other office print collateral to reflect your mission, vision, and mantra.
- Update your website and social media announcing to people your mission, vision, and mantra.
- Go to a print center (Staples, Office Max) and have each component printed on poster paper.
- Frame and hang in a public area for all to see.
- Schedule a meeting and present each member with the road map. Go through each component to fully discuss:
- What behaviors and tasks support each item (Answer: If the tribe acted out each component, how would they behave?)
- Expectations of adopting and memorizing each component.
- Gather their signature stating they accept the mission, vision, and mantra of the and will to the best of their ability honor its meaning through word, acts, and deeds.
- Read the vision, mission, and mantra at every tribe gathering. This can be a meal, morning huddle, quarterly gathering, or yearly event.
- Let stakeholders (clients, vendors, partners, neighbors, extended family) know of your mantra by threading it into regular conversation.
To ensure your mission, vision, and mantra are deeply embedded into all areas of your life, complete the tasks on the included checklist in the next few weeks.